Cold weather cannot keep addicted golfers from the green! In order to continue playing your best all year long, be sure to dress appropriately for the changing seasons. Many of the most popular golfing areas in the country have relatively mild winter temperatures, but no matter where you are, early mornings can get pretty chilly.
Here are some great ways to stay warm on the course, no matter where you are-
- Hand Warmers: A common trick among professional winter athletes, hand warmers are a great way to keep your circulation flowing out on the golf course. Hot hands are great for all winter sports, and come in many different brands and sizes. There are a few different types, but the most common uses crystallization to warm the packet for up to thirty minutes. That’s just enough time to warm up your hands AND feet! Some varieties even come with adhesive sides to stick to your back, feet, arms, or other area.
- Thermos: There’s nothing quite like a warm beverage on a cool day. No matter what your drink of choice is – be it chamomile tea or a hot toddy – a thermos of this on the course will warm your body up in just a few seconds.
- Layers: The best solution to unpredictable weather is to dress in layers. It is always a good idea to have the option of taking clothes off, or putting more clothes on, while still dressing fashionably. There are plenty of tank top and jacket sets that can help you with this part of your wardrobe. If temperatures get extremely low, do not hesitate to wear leggings under your golf pants!
- Jackets: There are plenty of flexible, stylish golf jackets on the market that can keep you warm and stylish on the course. Whether you want a tight, athletic fit, or a loose fit with a fleece lining, you can easily find a comfortable jacket that allows mobility for your swing
- Pants: Khakis and slacks are not the only options available for ladies on the golf course anymore! You can wear golf pants now! They are generally similar to a yoga or UnderArmor material, but with a little less stretch and a little more warmth. We even have some great styles on our site, so check them out for your winter golfing!
- Moisture-Wicking Fabrics: One of the best ways to ensure warmth while golfing is the material you choose. Moisture-wicking fabrics are great for eliminating sweat in the summer and the winter! After a few holes of golf, you’re bound to start sweating a little bit. If you are wearing traditional cotton clothing, it will absorb the sweat, and then you are simply wearing a wet outfit in cold temperatures! Moisture-wicking fabrics will keep your clothes dry, and your skin warm.
- Gloves: Many of us wear gloves during our golf game, but you can now find styles that ensure a little added warmth as well. Whether you want full coverage gloves, or the type that leave your fingers free, wearing gloves of any style will increase your warmth on the course
- Wind-Resistant Material: Some areas of the country can get pretty windy on the open green. While this is obviously bad for a game of golf, it can also make for an uncomfortable experience for your body. When it gets windy out there, choose wind-resistant materials for your outerwear. You can wear wind slacks over golf pants and leggings, or on their own. You can also find plenty of wind-breaker style jackets that will protect you from the wind without making you too hot.
So there you have it! With so many warm-weather options, you have no excuse to sit at home during the chilly winter months. Get out and golf!